Using the Filter function allows you to focus in on branches that have an association. e.g. only show branches with Icons.
- Open your Mind Map
- Click on View in the toolbar
- Click on the Filter icon to bring up the Filter menu:
From here you have a few options available to you to accurately Filter your branches:
- Filter: This allows you to choose exactly what branches connected to the filtered ones are shown. You are provided with options such as Show/Hide matching branches and also whether or not it shows the child or parent branches leading off from the Filtered branch.
- Filter Type: This is only available if you add more than one filter. It allows you to switch between each filter you have set or to have all of the filters working at the same time for a more accurate filtering process.
- Field: These are the filters that you are allowed to include, you can have icons, branch text, notes, tasks and links
Once you have selected and sorted your filters just hit the Filter button and this will now show your Mind Map with only the branches associated with those filters available.
To Clear a filter, just select the clear button next to Filter in the toolbar. This will reveal all of the branches on your Mind Map:
Tip: Use filters when your Mind Maps get too big, you can find relevant information quickly and it will help you focus on specific branches.
Using the Filter function allows you to focus on branches that have an association
- Open or create a Mind Map
- Click on View in the top toolbar
- Click on the Apply Filter to bring up the Filter menu:
This will pull up a panel with all of the Filter options available to you
Once you have selected and sorted your filters just hit the Filter button
To clear a filter:
- Go to View from the top toolbar
- Select 'Clear Filter'
Tip: Use filters when your Mind Maps get too big, you can find relevant information quickly and it will help you focus on specific branches. You can also use the Outline Panel's Search feature to find information.